9.19.2008

05.09.2008




I aquired my artwork at a sports shop behind Westbanhoff in Vienna. The guy from the shop asked me about the concept and gave me some good consulting. Together, we went through the catalog and figured out the meaning of different balls, starting with the “retro” style of the classic football that was used in Mexico 1970. Finally, I chose the euro2008 model. Not bad. It took place right here where my project begins. Besides, it is beautiful; not that beauty is a necessary quality of art, but in this case it’s a plus point. While it has the hexagons structure introduced in Mexico’s match, it has a nice, contemporary design that gives it a strong visual presence. This design was seen by millions this year around the globe. The guy wished me good fun. It costed 24,99 euro, and was handed to me in a nice red bag that said “Lebe deinen Sport!”

This artwork fills the whole space. As it occupies the entire gallery, I don’t think I should need to show anything else.

No comments: